Under which regulatory body are you registered?

Under IIROC (Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada). This means I am licensed to deal with most investment products and not just mutual funds. The intent is to be licensed for Options Trading later in the year, but currently not approved.

What products and services do you offer?

What do you want? I am licensed to work with mutual funds, stocks, bonds and GICs. My focus is on investments that produce a high income, while providing lower volatility and having a lower cost.

What are your qualifications?

Thomas has been a CFP since 1998 and he holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Simon Fraser University.

How can I contact you? Where can we meet?

The best way to contact me is to call 778-384-7640.

My office is located at:
1638 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6J 1G1

What are your hours of business?

My meeting times are Monday to Friday from 11 am to 5 pm, to allow for morning trades and communications, but my general business hours are 8 am to 5 pm.

Is there a minimum amount I need to invest to get started?

My minimum initial investment level for new clients is $50,000. This is a much lower limit than most full-service advisors use, but I need to maintain a minimum due to the sheer cost of creating and maintaining an investment account.

There is no minimum amount if you are referred by an existing client. I believe in looking at the whole "family & friends" level and ensuring everyone is happy.

Have you ever been disciplined by a regulator or professional body?

No, I have not. Please see: Know Your Advisor / The IIROC Advisor Report. Look under Thomas Tsiaras with the firm Industrial Alliance Securities. You can see my background, industry courses I have taken and any records of disciplinary reports.

Can you provide a rush on a cash withdrawal?

No, I really can't, as much as I would like to do this. Because the investments and cash are held directly with the custodians – NBCN – I can give them instructions in a timely fashion, but they physically need to process the selling and withdrawal of funds. If you need cash, give me as much advance notice as you can and I will do my best to get the funds there for you. My experience is that this has not been much of an issue for clients.

What do I need for my tax preparation?

There can be quite a list, but generally speaking you may require some or all from this list, which I provide to you:

  • T3 slips (dividend and capital gain income distributions)
  • T5 slips (interest income)
  • T4 slips (employment income)
  • RRSP contribution receipts
  • RRIF withdrawal receipts
  • Sell Summary (showing taxable buys and sells for your account)
  • Realized Capital Gains and Loss report (available from me upon request)